Let’s start with this today:
Democrat Pat Caddell: “Truth You Are Not Allowed to Know!”
With that under your belt – Investors.com asks will debate moderators ask O these questions?
- Media Bias: With just five weeks left in the campaign, Barack Obama remains unscathed by a partisan press that refuses to vet him. The presidential debates offer voters their last chance for an X-ray. Will PBS’ Jim Lehrer finally ask the incumbent tough questions at the first debate? Don’t hold your breath. He’s a liberal Democrat who thinks Obama is a big “positive” for race relations in America. Don’t count, either, on CNN’s Candy Crowley leaving her pro-Democrat bias at home when she moderates the second debate Oct. 16. She’s so enamored with Obama she took her daughter to Illinois to see him announce his candidacy in 2007.
She wrote off Obama’s friendship with radical ’60s bomber Bill Ayers as “a phony issue.” Crowley also thinks Romney-Ryan is a “ticket death wish.”
What about CBS’ Bob Schieffer? He’s pretty cantankerous — maybe he’ll jab Obama at the final debate Oct. 22. More likely he’ll just give Mitt Romney grief. He thinks the GOP hopeful is too conservative and needs to “move a little bit more toward the center.”
Expect these moderators to serve up softballs for Obama and gotcha questions for Romney. With the race still a dead heat, such sway could decide the election. We might as well live in Cuba. The freest press in the world owes the American electorate more.
Before each debate, IBD will propose questions voters deserve to hear Obama answer, starting with:
• Most economists agree this is the worst recovery since the Depression. In 2009, you said that if you couldn’t turn the economy around by now your presidency would be a “one-term proposition.” Why shouldn’t voters take you up on that?
• Your resume includes community organizer, civil-rights attorney, professor and politician. Your opponent has not only started up his own company but helped turn around other companies, as well as the Olympics. How is he not eminently more qualified to turn around this economy?
• Biographer David Maraniss documents 38 fabrications in your memoir, “Dreams From My Father.” If readers can’t trust you to be honest in your autobiography, why should voters trust you with another term?
• Did Ayers, as he has claimed, help you write “Dreams”?
• On several occasions you’ve led voters to believe your cancer-stricken mother was denied “treatment” for a “pre-existing condition” and had to fight her insurer for payment on her death bed. But a reporter found that Cigna in fact paid all her medical bills. Did you tell a story about your own mother to help sell ObamaCare?
• On the campaign trail, you commiserate with debt-burdened college students by noting you took years to get out from under your own student loans. What was your total debt, and who held those notes? What scholarship money did you get, if any? And did you ever apply for or receive foreign student aid?
• Voters have seen college transcripts of past presidential candidates. Why not yours? What were your GPAs at Occidental and Columbia?
Of course, nothing in the debate rules preclude Romney from turning to Obama and directly asking him the questions his biased moderators don’t dare ask.
* Quinnipiac poll says 54% think Obama will win debates. 28% think Romney. Time will tell.
The Daily Caller writes: The cool crowd has determined that President Obama is going to win the presidential election. But TheDC’s Tucker Carlson and Neil Patel say don’t go make that bet yet: “The consensus is often wrong, sometimes spectacularly so. How many people do you know who predicted that John Roberts would vote to uphold Obamacare? That Bush would tie Gore? That the Soviet Union would collapse or Facebook would lose 50 percent of its value in three months? Crowds are indeed wise, except when they’re moronic. Keep that in mind the next time you notice that everyone you know believes the same thing, including that Romney will lose. It could be time to bet against them.” TheDC Morning hopes you are clipping all the newspaper columns from pundits claiming that Obama is a shoo-in to win so you can send them to the pundits after Romney is victorious with “nice job, hot shot” written in red marker on them. I LOVE that idea!!
- A Pennsylvania judge has blocked the state’s controversial voter-ID law from going into effect for this election, the Associated Press reports. The ruling from Commonwealth Court Judge Robert Simpson doesn’t preclude the law from being implemented at a later date next year. The state Supreme Court ordered Simpson to discern whether the state had done enough to provide “liberal access” to photo IDs before Election Day and to issue an injunction if he found that any eligible Pennsylvania voter was being prevented from voting, intentionally or otherwise. Simpson said in his ruling that he was concerned by the state’s stumbling efforts to create a photo ID that is easily accessible to voters and that he could not rely on the assurances of government officials at this late date that every voter would be able to get a valid ID. Election workers will still be allowed to ask voters for a valid photo ID, but people without it can use a regular voting machine in the polling place and would not have to cast a provisional ballot or prove their identity to election officials afterward. Lawyers for the plaintiffs called it a “win,” but they quickly targeted a multimillion-dollar state ad campaign on TV, radio, billboards and elsewhere about the voter ID requirement. They said they would ask the state to promptly pull the ads or alter them to reflect the judge’s ruling and suggested that they would go back to court if the state doesn’t cooperate. ”Otherwise there is a possibility of confusion by voters and folks without ID may just stay home because they wrongly believe they need ID,” said Witold J. Walczak of the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania. “It could create confusion among poll workers and any time you have confusion on Election Day, it’s not good for democracy.”
Now, hang on and give this a read:
- Three years after the Department of Education announced a contest called Race-to-the-Top for $4.35 billion in stimulus funds, some parents, teachers, governors, and citizen and public policy groups are coming to an awful realization about the likely outcomes:
- A national curriculum called Common Core
- Regionalism, or the replacement of local governments by federally appointed bureaucrats
- A leveling of all schools to one, low national standard, and a redistribution of education funds among school districts
- An effective federal tracking of all students
- The loss of the option of avoiding the national curriculum and tests through private school and home school
Working behind the scenes, implementing these policies and writing the standards are associates from President Obama’s community organizing days. In de facto control of the education component is Linda Darling-Hammond, a radical left-wing educator and close colleague of William “Bill” Ayers, the former leader of the communist terrorist Weather Underground who became a professor of education and friend of Obama’s.
- Just about every medium on the right is writing this morning about a video obtained exclusively by The Daily Caller, with then-presidential candidate Barack Obama tells an audience of black ministers, including the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, that the U.S. government shortchanged Hurricane Katrina victims because of racism.
“The people down in New Orleans they don’t care about as much!” Obama shouts in the video, which was shot in June of 2007 at Hampton University in Virginia. By contrast, survivors of Sept. 11 and Hurricane Andrew received generous amounts of aid, Obama explains. The reason? Unlike residents of majority-black New Orleans, the federal government considers those victims “part of the American family.”
The racially charged and at times angry speech undermines Obama’s carefully-crafted image as a leader eager to build bridges between ethnic groups. For nearly 40 minutes, using an accent he almost never adopts in public, Obama describes a racist, zero-sum society, in which the white majority profits by exploiting black America. The mostly black audience shouts in agreement. The effect is closer to an Al Sharpton rally than a conventional campaign event.
Here is the full video:
The RNC has already said they won’t be commenting on the video. Can you say WIMPS?
This video should be playing over and over again on EVERY station in EVERY state!
- RS writes: Back in July, ACORN-aficionado James O’Keefe exposed New York union bosses caught on tape showing their appreciation for the concept of taxpayer-funded “shovel ready” jobs–that is the idea of digging holes only to fill them back in and getting the government (taxpayers) to fund the make-work project. Well, Mr. O’Keefe and his hidden camera team have been at it again–this time exposing how how beholden Democrat politicians are to unions like the SEIUs. In his latest video, O’Keefe catches New Jersey SEIU boss Rahaman Muhammad explain doing business with Democrat politicians like New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez.
According to a press release from O’Keefe’s Project Veritas explains:
In a previous report released in July, top New York union bosses were caught in candid discussions regarding a federally funded program known as “Green Jobs, Green New York,” with one leader calling much of the $112 million program “bullshit.”
“This is significant because labor unions are some of the biggest beneficiaries of taxpayer-funded jobs,” says O’Keefe. “If they’re intentionally propping up paper jobs, then they’re complicit in the fleecing of taxpayers.”
The latest video from Project Veritas captures Newark SEIU President Rahaman Muhammad laying out in explicit terms the nature of the relationship between his union and lawmakers like Democrat Senator Robert Menendez.
Project Veritas: “So that means you’re going to get the union dues…”
Project Veritas: “…to your campaign.”
SEIU: “Exactly! It benefits them.”
- Joe Biden made the case against Obama at a campaign rally in Charlotte, North Carolina. Yes, you read that right…Biden announced: “This is deadly earnest. How they can justify … raising taxes on the middle class that has been buried the last four years? How in the Lord’s name can they justify raising their taxes and these tax cuts?”
- I received a rather bizarre email yesterday from Optimum. It read: Between October 4, 2012 and October 12, 2012, you may notice a very brief interruption in TV service due to Sun Outages. These interruptions last only a few minutes and are caused by the sun’s interference with satellites that deliver TV service. The service will be restored automatically and there is nothing you will need to do. For a complete schedule of anticipated times and channels affected, click here. Thank you.
That really got me thinking. If you, like me, have been tracking several disturbing trends (Government’s purchase of bullets is one thing, Fast & Furious cover up, Libya cover up, Military election ballots, O’s failed ‘peace’ talks w/the Taliban, gas and food prices skyrocketing, government dependence continuing to rise, corporate tax rates the highest among major industrial nations, etc.) tell me we face the very real potential of a major crash in the economy, spiraling inflation, perhaps social chaos or perhaps more ‘sun inferences’. I can only say, one more time, you had better be stocking up friends on food, water, wood, matches, etc. for you know what they say – better safe than sorry.
I wasn’t going to include this – Couldn’t include it. But, my conscience wouldn’t allow it for as a good friend of mine said ‘nothing is beyond question now’.
I pray you will take the time to watch that video. Its mindblowing. While I am certainly not an architect, engineer or expert in any of the necessary fields to make an educated opinion; I am forced to face this. If you are an architect, and engineer or expert in science, please send us your comments and findings.
Someone asked me this week..”what will we do if Obama wins this election”. We delve into that tomorrow.