How can we undo all that has been done over the past 50 years or so? How can we turn around the purposeful move of destroying the moral underpinnings of Western civilization? How can we turn around the social changes we have been forced to accept that encourage nothing short of moral rot and undermining of our free enterprise in the West? Be it homosexual “rights,” extremist environmentalism, government growth, promotion of obscenity and immorality, the increase in availability of abortion, feminism and the Marxist domination of our public school system. Any clue how?
Once upon a time in our nation’s history Christianity was the foundation of our public service. Back then there was an overwhelming Christian populace that exercised uncontestable political pressure over the civic character of the country, and THAT America ascended to greatness because of—and not despite of — her Christian foundation.
I submit to you that the modern day Christian voters MUST demand more than just fiscal conservatism and balanced budgets from our leaders. We need people in these seats with values and morals. Those that are not willing to lie, distort, distract, to get a vote. Our pressure must mirror those of days gone by. We MUST demand a return to what made America great. We CAN make her great again, we just have to wiling to speak up and out and vote accordingly.
I’d love for you to check out this link. Read the articles and share them. America’s future is really up to US: http://www.cmacvictory.org/
I need to side step a moment from the ntkn and ask that you consider helping out Gary & Robin Murphy make a difference in a cancer patient’s life and/or a hungry family’s life in Westchester/Putnam/Western Fairfield Counties. America once knew that charity began at home/locally, not from or through a government hand out:
Maid Brigade is proud to be a Milestone Sponsor of Support Connection’s 18th Annual Support-a-Walk for our 4th year.
Support Connection is a very special local organization with the mission to provide emotional, social and educational support with free and confidential services to women, families and friends who are affected by breast and ovarian cancer. Their wide range of services span prevention, diagnosis, treatment and recovery and include personalized information, peer-to-peer counseling, educational forums, workshops, support groups, wellness and education programs, advocacy and more.
Maid Brigade has had the privilege and honor of actively working to assist Support Connection since 2009 by donating more than 120 hours of our green cleaning services annually directly to families going through the turbulence that serious health issues bring. Our intention is to add even a little bit of normalcy and calm that comes from having a clean house. From the many phone calls, emails and letters we receive, we are confident that we are making a difference.
As in past years, Maid Brigade’s team will be among the several thousands of people who come together to raise support and awareness about breast and ovarian cancer. We will be walking in both memory and celebration of the lives of our loved ones as well as those of our employees and clients. This year we are especially excited that a cancer survivor, Bianca Muniz, and her family will be joining the Maid Brigade team.
Kindly keep in mind that all the good work performed by Support Connection and their volunteers is supported 100% by private donations and the annual Support-a-Walk is their major fundraising event that Support Connection does every year.
We welcome you to join the Maid Brigade team, either by walking with us, by making a donation, or both. If you are interested in participating in the walk on Sunday, October 7 at 10 am at FDR Park in Yorktown, please call us at (914) 741-0552 for the details. If you would like to join in spirit, you can make a donation by clicking this link and/or sharing this information with a friend. However you choose to help, it is meaningful and will be appreciated.
Robin is participating in Hillside Food Outreach’s 4th Annual “Dancing with Our Stars” event this Saturday, October 6th. Hillside is an organization that delivers to over 2000 hungry families in Westchester, Putnam and Western Fairfield who are in need of food assistance but cannot access local pantries. Please click here and cast a vote for Robin and support hungry families at the same time. The whole $10 donation goes directly to feeding our neighbors in need — HFO is a great example of Neighbors Helping Neighbors, everyone involved is a volunteer. Your donation is fully tax deductible as HFO is a 503(c)(3) not-for-profit food pantry. Robin advises if we have this Saturday, October 6th free on our calendar and if we’re interested in attending the live event, here is where you can purchase the tickets,
Thank you for your consideration.
This week, I am sure we will hearing an awful lot about Romney and Chinese sweatshops. Here is the yahoo article: (h/t JH)
Did Nothing to Change Low Pay, Squalid Conditions, Forced Overtime for Three Years Before Pulling Out
Abuses at Appliance Factory Continue
PITTSBURGH, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — Mitt Romney, while CEO of Bain Capital, knowingly invested in a brutal Chinese sweatshop which we believe he was describing in detail at the same Boca Raton fundraising event where he made his 47% comments. A new report by the Institute for Global Labor and Human Rights, documents the workers’ low pay at the time Romney was substantially invested in the company ($23 million) and the current abysmal conditions and pay at the appliance factory owned by Global-Tech.
Romney described pay and conditions as follows:
When I was back in my private equity days, we went to China to buy a factory there. It employed about 20,000 people. And they were almost all young women between the ages of about 18 and 22 or 23. They were saving for potentially becoming married. And they work in these huge factories, they made various uh, small appliances. And uh, as we were walking through this facility, seeing them work, the number of hours they worked per day, the pittance they earned, living in dormitories with uh, with little bathrooms at the end of maybe 10, 10 room, rooms. And the rooms they have 12 girls per room. Three bunk beds on top of each other. You’ve seen, you’ve seen them? (Oh…yeah, yeah!) And, and, and around this factory was a fence, a huge fence with barbed wire and guard towers. And, and, we said gosh! I can’t believe that you, you know, keep these girls in! They said, no, no, no. This is to keep other people from coming in. Because people want so badly to come work in this factory that we have to keep them out.
At its peak, for two and a half years from April 1998 through August 2000, Mr. Romney and his Brookside Capital Partners Fund, affiliate of Bain, invested approximately $23 million in the Global-Tech sweatshop in Dongguan, China.
Mr. Romney was there when the Race to the Bottom in the global sweatshop economy was launched. Mr. Romney noted “the pittance they earned”— just 24 cents an hour in 1998 and less than $2.00 a day. Wages in Global-Tech were less than 2 percent of U.S. wages.
Despite his investment and power as Bain’s CEO, Mr. Romney apparently failed to urge Chinese management to even modestly improve Global-Tech’s gross working and living conditions or the pitifully low wages of its workers.
If Mr. Romney had spoken up, conditions at Global-Tech might be far better today. Sadly, in 2012, Global-Tech remains a brutal sweatshop, where workers are paid starvation wages of $1.00 an hour and have no rights.
According to the Institute for Global Labour and Human Rights’ investigation, conditions at Global-Tech are abysmal: primitive, filthy dorm conditions are the norm; routine 15- to 16-hour shifts prevail, along with grueling 105- to 112-hour, seven-day work weeks.
Eight hundred student interns — many exhausted children, just 16 years old — are forced to work the grueling 15- to 16-hour shifts with no overtime pay.
In the context of Mr. Romney’s present “get tough on China” stance, it would be critical for Mr. Romney to clarify exactly what he and Bain Capital did at the Global-Tech factory in Dongguan, China to push back against the evident abuses in the factory and to assure respect for human, women’s and workers’ rights.
Now, let’s look into this claim O and co are making:
A hard-hitting new TV ad from the Obama campaign accuses Mitt Romney of profiting from and indirectly supporting “sweatshop conditions” at a Chinese appliance company in which his Bain Capital invested. “A company called Global Tech maximized profits by paying its workers next to nothing under sweatshop conditions in China,” the ad says, over file-photo images of distressed-looking Chinese factory workers. “When Mitt Romney led Bain,” it continues, “they saw Global Tech as a good investment, even knowing that the firm promoted its practice of exploiting low-wage labor to its investors.”
Here is the ad:
The attack, ahead of the first presidential debate Wednesday, comes as Democrats renew scrutiny of Romney’s foreign investments and private-sector business record at Bain, which the Republican nominee has made a centerpiece of his campaign. The ad will begin running this week in New Hampshire, Virginia, Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Colorado, and Nevada — all states with sizable manufacturing sectors — the Obama campaign said.
ABC News reports Romney’s ties to Global Tech were first documented last month in a Boston Globe report that noted the appliance-maker promoted itself to investors by touting “inexpensive labor” as a top selling point. A 1998 company prospectus reviewed by the Globe also promoted the fact that the appliance-maker had an “overall effective tax rate that may be less than that of U.S. corporations.”
Bain capital affiliate Brookside Capital Partners Fund, which listed Romney as its president and CEO at the time, bought a 6 percent share of Global Tech, according to Securities and Exchange Commission documents reviewed by the paper and ABC News.
The Obama campaign has seized upon the report to claim that Romney’s investment activities facilitated the outsourcing of American jobs and working conditions many Americans would find deplorable. The prospectus obtained by the Globe described six-day work weeks with two 10-hour shifts per day and dormitory facilities that housed 3,700 workers.
Independent fact-checkers have, however, noted that there is no evidence Romney had an active role in sending any American jobs to China or in approving the specific investment in Global Tech.
“This is another ‘overboard’ ad from a president who is trying to distract from his failure to stand up to China,” Romney spokeswoman Amanda Henneberg told ABC News.
“Four years ago, then candidate Barack Obama promised to take China to the mat, but refused to label China a currency manipulator because he didn’t want them to be embarrassed,” she said. “President Obama’s failure to stand up to China has cost our country jobs and is one more reason that we can’t have four more years like the last four years. Mitt Romney will stand up to China, label them a currency manipulator, protect our intellectual property, and ensure that more jobs stay in America.
Now, let’s get down to some seriously shocking news…. And news that I’d bet main street will ignore:
The Obama administration may soon classify Arab-Americans as a “socially and economically disadvantaged group” entitled to receive taxpayer-funded goodies and special privileges from the Commerce Department. The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC), founded by the Israel-hating far-left former U.S. Sen. James Abourezk (D-S.D.), petitioned the Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA) for special status on January 4 of this year. Business owners of any ethno-cultural background are allowed to seek official victim status from MBDA, a unit of the political pork-dispensing Department of Commerce. Once awarded, that status, ADC acknowledges, would “create a presumption of eligibility” for Arab-Americans “thereby eliminating the need for amassing and producing evidence of social and economic disadvantage” by individual business owners seeking government aid. Read the article b/c it will be your OMG moment of the day: http://frontpagemag.com/2012/matthew-vadum/official-victim-status-for-arab-americans/
CNN: None Of Our Sources Corroborate Obama Admin’s False Libya Story..WH Left Out Key Intelligence
About that transparency….
A variety of tax cuts enacted during the tenures of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama expire at the end of December. Expiring provisions include Bush-era cuts on wage and investment income and cuts for married couples and families with children. Also expiring is a 2 percentage point temporary payroll tax cut.
A look the tax increases facing typical families:
—A married couple with two children and an income of $100,000 would pay $7,935 in income taxes and $5,650 in payroll taxes this year, for a total federal tax burden of $13,585. Next year, they would face income taxes of $11,919 and payroll taxes of $7,650, for a total federal tax burden of $19,569, a total tax increase of $5,984.
—A married couple with no children that makes $60,000 (each spouse earns $30,000) would pay $5,105 in federal income tax for 2011. Their income taxes would rise to $6,308 next year and their payroll taxes would rise from $3,390 in 2011 to $4,590 in 2012.
—A single mother with three children and an income of $40,000 would benefit from the earned income and refundable child tax credits to receive a tax refund of $2,626 for 2011 and pay payroll taxes of $2,260 for a total federal tax burden of -$366. Under higher rates in 2013, she would owe $183 in income taxes and pay $366 more in payroll taxes.
—A married couple earning $200,000 (one spouse earns $150,000, the other $50,000) would see their income tax bill jump almost $6,000 (from $34,587 to $40,545) and their payroll taxes rise $3,258 ($9,742 to $13,000).
—A married couple earning $1 million faces income taxes of $311,344 for this year. That would jump to $354,224 next year at a maximum rate of 39.6 percent. They would pay almost $4,500 more in payroll taxes.
Here we go again!
Liberal Dem Jim McDermott has introduced a bill to tax carbon emissions here in America.
From the files of lies, deceit and deception:
- Department of Agriculture personnel in the Obama administration have met with Mexican Government officials dozens of times (actually 151 times) since the president took office to promote nutrition assistance programs — notably food stamps — among Mexican Americans, Mexican nationals and migrant communities in America. The Daily Caller reports: Writing in response to Alabama Republican Sen. Jeff Sessions’ July request for information about the USDA’s little known partnership with the Mexican government to educate citizen and noncitizen immigrants from Mexico about the availability of food stamps and other nutrition assistance programs, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack defended the partnership as a way to curb hunger in America — and the continuation of a program formed under the Bush administration in 2004. “The premise of American immigration is that those entering our country should have to work and to contribute to the financial health of the United States,” Sessions told TheDC Sunday evening. “Not only does the administration violate this principle through the partnership, but it does harm by gradually displacing the role of family and community with continual government aid. Welfare reform is guided by the moral principle that good policy helps more people live better lives.” In his letter, Vilsack asserted that USDA does not pressure people to enroll in the program or is attempting to boost its rolls. President Obama, too, has said that “people do not come here looking for handouts.” “We do not pressure any eligible person to accept benefits, nor is our goal to simply increase the number of program participants, but we are determined to help people in need make informed decisions about whether or not to seek assistance for which they may be eligible,” Vilsack claimed. The mission USDA articulates on its website is to “increase participation in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program” — food stamps. The agency has been engaged in aggressive advertising campaigns and issuing guidance to state and local offices about how to enroll more beneficiaries. The number of legal non-citizens participating in SNAP increased approximately 190 percent from 2001 to 2010, from 425,000 to 1.23 million legal non-citizen participants. That number rose 77 percent since the program’s inception in 2004, when it served 693,000 non-citizen participants. USDA did not offer data for 2011 and 2012, but a Republican Budget Committee staffer told TheDC that based on the growth rate, the number of legal non-citizens participating in the food stamp program today is about 1.63 million. That’s more than double the number of legal non-citizens who participated in 2008. Food stamp participation reached an all time high this summer with 46.7 million people enrolled in the program overall. Spending on SNAP has doubled in the last four years and represents USDA’s single biggest annual expenditure, according to a Bloomberg report. “Nearly 1 in 6 people living in the US are now on food stamps,” Sessions noted. “How can the administration justify trying to increase that number through outreach on the foreign soil of fifty consulates?” He added that the continuation of the partnership demonstrates how far the country has moved from the guiding principles of the 1996 welfare reform and said there is a need for a renewed effort to return to that vision. Participation in nutrition assistance programs like food stamps by non-citizens does not hinder their ability to qualify for citizenship or immigration status adjustments, according to current Department of Homeland Security immigration policy.
- The Senate’s GOP leadership is urging President Obama not to release oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve and instead preserve the option for a “truly rainy day.” A letter to Obama Monday from Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and six other Republicans arrives after the White House has said in recent weeks that a release is an option. “We are concerned by recent reports that you are contemplating a release of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve (SPR) in response to record gasoline prices,” the letter states. “The SPR was created for use only in emergencies to safeguard our economy and national security against severe oil supply disruptions, not as a mechanism to control the price at the pump. We strongly urge you to refrain from deploying this vital strategic asset unless and until a severe oil supply disruption occurs,” adds the letter from McConnell, Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), Republican Conference Chairman John Thune (R-S.D.) and others. One senior Republican sought to preemptively cast any SPR release as a campaign maneuver and inappropriate effort to use the stockpile to try and affect prices. http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/259541-top-senate-republicans-warn-obama-against-tapping-oil-stockpile
- Leaked emails from the private U.S. security firm Stratfor cite a Mexican diplomat who says the U.S. government works with Mexican cartels to traffic drugs into the United States and has sided with the Sinaloa cartel in an attempt to limit the violence in Mexico. http://www.businessinsider.com/stratfor-the-us-works-with-cartels-2012-9#ixzz288bhIQ00
- Hillary Clinton aide Philippe Reines apologized to a BuzzFeed reporter for a heated, expletive-laden email exchange last week over the State Department’s handling of the fallout from events in Libya.
- On Thursday afternoon, Nancy Pelosi and Al Gore will be the featured guests at a lunch to benefit the New York efforts of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
- The Senate Democrats shouldn’t be back in charge until they figure out how to act like adults, according to Mayor Bloomberg.
- Wendy Long thinks Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s first NYC TV ad is more proof that the senator “likes to have it both ways.” And yes Wendy is correct!
- In a decision in one of the dozens of lawsuits the pro-abortion HHS mandate faces, a Missouri federal district court rejected a legal challenge to the Obamacare mandate brought by a small business whose owner is a Catholic, finding ‘no threat to religious freedom’. Unbelievable.
- Kevin O’Reilly, a member of the White House National Security Staff who regularly communicated about Operation Fast and Furious with the Arizona-based ATF agent responsible for running the operation that allowed guns to flow to Mexican drug cartels, was suddenly transferred out of the White House and into Iraq in July 2011. Issa is threatening a subpoena.
- Hackers linked to China’s government broke into one of the U.S. government’s most sensitive computer networks, breaching a system used by the White House Military Office for nuclear commands, according to defense and intelligence officials familiar with the incident.
- Gov. Cuomo’s administration is launching an aggressive plan to sign up thousands of ex-cons for taxpayer-financed Medicaid, which they’ll receive once they leave prison. http://www.mhvperspective.com/?ptr=.;MinID=20121001019;MaxID=20121002999#20121001021
- The Obama campaign last week released a two-minute video of the president accusing GOP rival Mitt Romney of supporting policies that, he says, caused the Great Recession, a claim the Washington Post’s (WaPo) Fact Checker has awarded three Pinocchios. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/washington-posts-fact-checker-debunks-obamas-latest-bush-blaming-ad/#
As leader after leader has seen their country under the threat of terror and retaliation become more Islamic, more Sharia compliant and they lose their right to free speech, they have all come to the same conclusion. Americans though don’t take notice.
The Arab Spring has brought us more Islamic ruled governments, not more “freedom;” the reason is simple, what we in the West refer to as “freedom” is not what Muslims see as freedom. Their freedom is that of the Quran. Their freedom is the word of Allah. Their freedom is living like they did 1400 years ago. Period.
If you think I am wrong, look at the Middle East. Take notice.
I’m tired of being called “an alarmist,” I’m tired of being called “an Islamophobe,” I’m tired of being called “a nut,” but most of all I’m tired of America not waking up to the truth.
Since the terror attack that should have been the one to end all others, 9/11, there have been 19,680 deadly attacks, with over 260,000 deaths, all in the name of Islam. This is not a few people “that have hijacked a religion.” This is the religion. This is Islam. It’s time to take notice. What a fabulous read: http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/detail/im-tired
FINALLY, a school district stands up to the litigation terrorism of an atheist activist group!!!
Sean Patrick Maloney will appear with Planned Parenthood Hudson Peconic Action Fund Board of Directors Chair Pat Ryan to call on Rep. Nan Hayworth to support the organization and women in general. Hulme Park, Poughkeepsie, 10:30 a.m. This should be interesting.
The pro-gay rights GOP organization Log Cabin Republicans is endorsing Reps. Richard Hanna and Nan Hayworth, along with Joe Carvin. Hanna has become one of the more moderate members of the New York Republican delegation, blasting what he saw as “extremes” in the GOP. Carvin, who is running against longtime Westchester Rep. Nita Lowey, staunchly blasted his primary opponent, Jim Russell, for writings in a fringe magazine that were critical of interracial marriage. Carvin himself is married to a black woman.
Enjoy your day,