You have to see it to believe it: Samuel L. Jackson’s bedtime story:
and this which defines everything that is wrong with entitlement programs…(a safety net?)
Sven sends us this:
We know that 4.2 million women are out of work since Barack Obama took office.
We know that more Americans are out of the work force than at any time since the Carter recession.
Yesterday we learned that our growth rate was only 1.25%, manufacturing orders fell more than 13%, mortgages are down, foreclosures are up, and personal income is down.
But free phones and fundraising for Obama are much more important than reality.
Erick Erickson this morning writes:
You know that 50% of marriages in the United States end in divorce right? Every time gay marriage comes up, that data point comes up. Fifty percent of married couples get divorced. If heterosexual couples value marriage so little, why should they stand in the way of gay couples who really will value it as a civil right?
You know that evangelical Christians in the United States get divorced at the same rate as everyone else, right? Every time Christian living comes up for discussion, the media uses that data point as a point of derision for those who point to Christian values.
You do know that a majority of Americans favor gay marriage right? Every major media outlet in the nation takes it as an article of faith that gay marriage is an opinion held by a majority and you are a bigot if you think otherwise.
Did you know that none of those data points are true? You’d never know it from the media. In fact, from most surveys you’d never know it. Those are the talking points. In fact, the rate of divorce in the United States, while still not great, is only around 30 to 35%. The rate of divorce among “Christian evangelicals” matches the general population, but not among practicingevangelicals. It is one thing to say someone is an evangelical Christian. It is another to see if they actually practice their faith. On gay marriage, it may show up in polling as having majority support, but in actual votes it has yet to muster support of a majority of voters even in places like California.
But the media hangs on to those data points that turn out to be false. They report them as truth because the data confirms how the media sees the world, even though it ain’t so.
Do WE even have a shot at Romney winning?
Well, according to Jen Psaki, Obama hasn’t had time to prepare for the upcoming debates. Oh doesn’t that sound like good news – but hang on a tic. Breitbart weighs in with this:
“The President will have some time to prepare, and he’s been doing some studying. But it is certainly less than we anticipated because of the events in the Middle East, because of his busy travel schedule, because of just the constraints of governing. So it is less than we originally planned. I will just take this opportunity to say that Mitt Romney on the other hand has been preparing earlier and with more focus than any presidential candidate in modern history — not John F. Kennedy, not President Bill Clinton, not President George Bush, not Ronald Reagan has prepared as much as he has. So there’s no question that he will have a lead on how prepared he is”.
Wait just a second. President Obama is saying he’s been doing less debate prep than he normally would have because of events in the Middle East? Because of the constraints of governing?
Which events would those be? Events like the murder of our Libyan ambassador, which prompted busy busy Obama to deliver a slapdash address, then blow off all strategizing for a fundraiser in Vegas? Events like the takeover of our embassy in Tunisia by al Qaeda, which precipitated an appearance on David Letterman?
What kind of governing has precluded Obama from debate prep? Governing, like the wonderful job he’s done on that Libyan investigation, which he’s largely blown off to hang with Jay-Z and Beyonce? Governing, like shunning Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, but finding time to be self-proclaimed “eye candy” on The View? Governing, like presiding over a massive economic inflation just before an election, but finding time to comment on the crucial issue of football referees?
No wonder Obama couldn’t find time for debate prep. It’s not as though he’s had a chance to breathe, with Joy Behar cracking the whip!
Here are just some of the things on Obama’s schedule that he couldn’t miss for some debate prep. This is just since September 11, 2012, the date of the Cairo embassy invasion and the Libyan consulate terrorist attack:
September 12: Campaign event in Nevada
September 13: Campaign event in Golden, Colorado
September 14: Obama welcomes the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic teams to the White House
September 14: Obama attends a campaign event
September 17: Campaign event in Cincinnati, Ohio
September 17: Campaign event in Columbus, Ohio
September 17: Campaign event in Columbus, Ohio
September 18: Obama welcomes the WNBA Champion Lynx to the White House
September 18: Obama does Letterman
September 18: Campaign event in New York City with Jay-Z and Beyonce
September 18: Campaign event in New York City
September 20: Interview with Univision
September 20: Campaign event in Tampa, Florida
September 21: Campaign event at AARP
September 24: Interview with The View
September 25: Remarks at the Clinton Global Initiative
September 26: Campaign event in Bowling Green, OH
September 26: Campaign event in Kent, OH
September 27: Campaign event in Virginia Beach, VA
There were also several long afternoons with nothing on the White House schedule in here. And this doesn’t even include weekends. Obama has had plenty of time to prepare for the debates. No doubt he has prepared for the debates. His team is likely lying about his preparation to lower expectations. It’s a smart tactic. Unfortunately, the notion that their man has just been too busy to prep doesn’t wash – not when he’s been avoiding his job in order to hang with Pimp with the Limp.
1) President Obama referred to Israel’s concern over Iran’s march toward a nuclear program as “noise” and then called Israel one of the nation’s closest allies in the region.
According to Kristen Silverberg, former U.S. Ambassador to the European Union, Obama’s commentary is unusual. “There has been a bi-partisan consensus for many years that the US and Israel are the closest of allies.
2) Obama’s Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice said the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi was not premeditated. The commentary directly contradicted top Libyan officials who said the attack was planned in advance.
3) President Obama stated that his biggest lesson from his first term was that “you can’t change Washington from the inside.”
4) President Obama said that Egypt was not an ally, only to then be contradicted by his own State Department.
Naturally, the Obama administration disagrees with the “blind eye” characterization from conservatives and maintains they are being given the same amount of scrutiny as the Romney campaign.
So again, can Romney win?
Mitt Romney needs a red sharpie moment and that red sharpie moment should be to stop with the rallies and go to the factories that are being shut down. Drag the press along and repeat that data over and over. The local media in Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, Florida, etc. will eat it up. Play to that local press, not NBC, CBS, and ABC. He needs to be willing to put Paul Ryan in the commercials and let Paul Ryan explain why the free market will work better than Barack Obama’s plan.
Here is Ryan doing just that!
His strategy over the next five weeks must be to every single day focus the discussion on the deluge of economy data showing Barack Obama has failed. The tactic to employ is to each day have a red sharpie moment at a factory, a small business, or an unemployment office showing Barack Obama’s failures to everyone.
*He can start with these lil facts: http://www.humanevents.com/2012/09/06/slower-economic-growth-signals-slower-job-growth-ahead/#.UGK1CRyn29o.twitter
Hell, he should go to Washington, D.C. and point out that it is the only place in America doing well and promise to shut it down.
The cheering, adoring crowds at the Romney rallies have been awesome and large. But In the rah-rah of the campaign, we’re missing the compelling visual. We’re missing the simple drawing of the bomb that a red line can be drawn on. We’re missing the candidate in front of the factory showing we can do better.
The media focuses on data points that show marriages are failing, Christians are flawed, and gay rights is super popular because those data points comport to the media’s world view. There is a confirmation bias. The media reports the polling that Mitt Romney is losing because it conforms to their bias against him. The question is no longer whether Romney is winning or losing, but what strategy will Mitt Romney deploy over the next five weeks to get the nation paying attention to Barack Obama’s failed economy and not Mitt Romney’s polling or alleged gaffes. Everybody is so focused on polls showing Romney doing badly that the media has no need, incentive, or direction to focus on the economy doing badly.
My suggestion – send RS’s suggestion to Mitt Romney. Post it on his f/b page, post it on his website, send him an email.
It’s time to Save America!
- The billionaire George Soros is reportedly committing $1 million to Priorities USA Action, the “super PAC” supporting President Obama.
- Mayor Bloomberg unveiled a plan to build the World’s tallest Ferris Wheel (625 feet) and retail outlet complex on Staten Island’s North Shore.
- Bloomberg hopes Sen. Roy McDonald changes his mind about not running in the 43rd SD on the Independence Party line.
- In an effort to ease weekend traffic, Gov. Andrew Cuomo has asked the state Department of Transportation to adjust the work schedule on the Twin Bridges to cease at noon Sundays as opposed to 5 a.m. Monday mornings.
- Via Forbes: President Obama is proud of his bailout of General Motors. That’s good, because, if he wins a second term, he is probably going to have to bail GM out again. The company is once again losing market share, and it seems unable to develop products that are truly competitive in the U.S. market. Right now, the federal government owns 500,000,000 shares of GM, or about 26% of the company. It would need to get about $53.00/share for these to break even on the bailout, but the stock closed at only $20.21/share on Tuesday. This left the government holding $10.1 billion worth of stock, and sitting on an unrealized loss of $16.4 billion. Right now, the government’s GM stock is worth about 39% less than it was on November 17, 2010, when the company went public at $33.00/share. However, during the intervening time, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has risen by almost 20%, so GM shares have lost 49% of their value relative to the Dow.
- “A moderate is merely a progressive in denial” Marty (I love that).
- Janie: The Democrat base cannot even feed themselves, pay their taxes, or get an ID but for some reason we should vote them to be in charge.
- The TeaParty.net wrote something quite awesome yesterday and although it was a plug for sending money (does anyone have that anymore?), I have taken their main points and share it here: You see the numbers. There are more than 2 million more people unemployed than when President Obama took office. There are 12 million more people needing food stamps since President Obama took office. The National Debt has skyrocketed to more than $16 trillion since President Obama took office. If the government had not removed food and fuel prices from the index of inflation, we would know that inflation is not only real, it is rising at an alarming rate. It only takes a trip to the grocery store or a gas station to prove it.With all of these facts right in front of every American, why is it possible that the election is even close? Forgive me for stating the obvious. Overall, news reporting in this country is blatantly geared toward hiding the President’s failures in order to help him win reelection. The main stream media will not challenge President Obama on any issue nor will they present the fact that our economy is failing in any way other than to blame President Bush. Many people take their word that he needs four more year to really fix things.We understand how this President has fixed things. He has made sure that the game was “fixed” for labor unions in the auto bailout. He “fixed” the game to make sure that so called green energy companies could line up at the trough of government subsidies regardless that many regulators warned these companies would fail as in Solyndra. He is also “fixing” the game to make sure that only union government workers will remain in the middle class of income earners by using Federal agencies to regulate private business out of existence.We know we will never get most of the media to report the truth.The government did not “build this” organization, you did. We are coming down to the wire in this election. Voters are going to decide if America continues to rob our children and grandchildren of the American dream we grew up believing in while burying their future in a mountain of debt or if we are going to begin the journey back to our founding principles outlined in the Constitution of limited government and a free market society where anyone with the will can succeed. The key to winning is to keep pushing the truth the media ignores. I still believe in the American Dream and I still believe in America. There is no way to know with certainty the final outcome on November 6th but I will be able to look in the eyes of my children and grandchildren telling them that I did everything I could to keep America the land of opportunity for them. I have no doubt that you feel the same way. This is the most important election in our lifetimes and we will have only one chance to get it right. It has been said many times before but “failure is not an option”.
At participating 7-11 today, from 6am to 10am, get a free cup of coffee and vote for either Obama or Romney. http://www.7-eleven.com/7-election/
THIS is for your weekend review………..
As if we do not have enough to contend with… the MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD has infiltrated our Government. A 2001 raid in Switzerland unearthed a chilling manifesto now dubbed “The Project,” a detailed Islamic blueprint for infiltrating, subverting and ultimately defeating the U.S. and the West. Today, 80 file boxes worth of evidence submitted during the 2008 Holy Land Foundation trial — the largest terror financing trial in U.S. history to date — including “The Project” documents, are being withheld from the American public by the Department of Justice. Let me introduce you to….
[NOTE: The following English translation of The Project has been prepared by Scott Burgess and was first published in serial form by The Daily Ablution in December 2005 (Parts I, II, III, IV, V, Conclusion). It is copyrighted and reprinted here with his permission. It is based on the French text of The Project published in Sylvain Besson, La conquête de l'Occident: Le projet secret des Islamistes (Paris: Le Seuil, 2005), pp. 193-205.]
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent and Merciful S/5/100 report 1/12/1982 [December 1, 1982] Towards a worldwide strategy for Islamic policy (Points of Departure, Elements, Procedures and Missions)
This report presents a global vision of a worldwide strategy for Islamic policy [or "political Islam"]. Local Islamic policies will be drawn up in the different regions in accordance with its guidelines. It acts, first of all, to define the points of departure of that policy, then to set up the components and the most important procedures linked to each point of departure; finally we suggest several missions, by way of example only, may Allah protect us.
The following are the principal points of departure of this policy:
Point of Departure 1: To know the terrain and adopt a scientific methodology for its planning and execution.
Point of Departure 2: To demonstrate proof of the serious nature of the work.
Point of Departure 3: To reconcile international engagement with flexibility at a local level.
Point of Departure 4: To reconcile political engagement and the necessity of avoiding isolation on one hand, with permanent education and institutional action on the other.
Point of Departure 5: To be used to establish an Islamic State; parallel, progressive efforts targeted at controlling the local centers of power through institutional action.
Point of Departure 6: To work with loyalty alongside Islamic groups and institutions in multiple areas to agree on common ground, in order to “cooperate on the points of agreement and set aside the points of disagreement”.
Point of Departure 7: To accept the principle of temporary cooperation between Islamic movements and nationalist movements in the broad sphere and on common ground such as the struggle against colonialism, preaching and the Jewish state, without however having to form alliances. This will require, on the other hand, limited contacts between certain leaders, on a case by case basis, as long as these contacts do not violate the [shari’a] law. Nevertheless, one must not give them allegiance or take them into confidence, bearing in mind that the Islamic movement must be the origin of the initiatives and orientations taken.
Point of Departure 8: To master the art of the possible on a temporary basis without abusing the basic principles, bearing in mind that Allah’s teachings always apply. One must order the suitable and forbid that which is not, always providing a documented opinion. But we should not look for confrontation with our adversaries, at the local or the global scale, which would be disproportionate and could lead to attacks against the dawa or its disciples.
Point of Departure 9: To construct a permanent force of the Islamic dawa and support movements engaged in jihad across the Muslim world, to varying degrees and insofar as possible.
Point of Departure 10: To use diverse and varied surveillance systems, in several places, to gather information and adopt a single effective warning system serving the worldwide Islamic movement. In fact, surveillance, policy decisions and effective communications complement each other.
Point of Departure 11: To adopt the Palestinian cause as part of a worldwide Islamic plan, with the policy plan and by means of jihad, since it acts as the keystone of the renaissance of the Arab world today.
Point of Departure 12: To know how to turn to self-criticism and permanent evaluation of worldwide Islamic policy and its objectives, of its content and its procedures, in order to improve it. This is a duty and a necessity according to the precepts of shari’a.
** Freaking out yet?
Continue the read plus videos here:
“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.” Bonhoeffer
Cuomo today announced more than 16,000 New Yorkers - including almost 6,000 first-time voters - have used the DMV’s new online voter registration service, which can befound here.
Bloomberg says he’s supporting the Senate Republicans because the last time the Democrats controlled the chamber was “an embarrassment to this whole state.”
Sen. Liz Krueger is knocking Sen. Greg Ball for his claims that he supports legislation that would provide equal pay for women
Enjoy your weekend and Please – KEEP TALKING!